Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Baltimore Theatre Project

I can't remember a time when I didn't do theatre work. I "acted" until late middle school [acting in the sense of saying two lines and standing around for the rest of the show] and found my real passion in tech work in ninth grade and stage managed until I graduated. When I looked at the list of Community Art places I immediately jumped to the theatre groups that were listed and chose the Baltimore Theatre Project to look in to.

The Baltimore Theatre Project works to connect Blatimore with a global community of performers, along with nuturing experimenting artists. They have a variety of shows throughout the year; earlier this year they had "I Want to be a Gay Icon," a show about gay rights and gay icons through the decades, and now they are showing "Unveiled," where five Muslim women in a post 9/11 world serve tea and uncover what lies beneath the veil.

This past week the Baltimore Theatre Project was between shows, so I decided it would be much more interesting and well worth it if I waited for their next show to come out, and am going to be attending the Sunday showing of "Unveiled". I'll be bringing my sketchbook and of course invite anyone from class to come with me. Tickets online for students with IDs are $11.25 and the show is at 2pm on Sunday.
-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment