Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Red Emma's

Red Emma's seems like a popular spot! I went today with Richelle, it was really easy getting too, either a short walk or a ride on the circulator. We took the purple line circulator, which was quite convenient, taking it from penn station it stops directly at the bookstore.

From the outside it looks like a neat little coffee shop and interesting bookstore, and it delivers on this inside. I really enjoyed browsing the books, almost none of the authors or titles looked familiar. Certainly nothing mainstream here! To me, the neatest part was the zine collection they have, there is quite a selection. I enjoyed making a zine in pre-college, and am planning to make more, so looking at their vast collection was inspiring.

I'd certainly recommend checking out Emma's, even for a quick visit.

~ Marlee

No comments:

Post a Comment