Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Red Emma's Bookstore & Coffeehouse

I took a trip down to Red Emma's Bookstore & Coffeehouse on St. Paul Street. Before I entered, I briefly checked out the window display, which was full of lots of interesting objects and books. Once inside the shop, I browsed around several of the bookshelves at the front, which had small pamphlets about various subjects. At the counter you could order specialty foods and drinks that looked tasty from the menu...I did not order anything because I had eaten already. Off to the side of the shop, there a several computers that available to customers as well as free Wi-Fi. There is also a larger selection of books toward the back of the shop including subjects on Art, History, Politics, Science, Anthropology, and Biographies.

I think Red Emma's is a great place to get some tasty food or drinks as well as a place to hang out. The shop is also an ideal community spot because of the free internet access, area to hold meetings, good food, and a wide selection of unique reads. Speaking of which, I bought volume 1 of The Walking Dead comics. :)

~TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment