Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Helping Hampden

When I first heard about this assignment, I immediately knew that I wanted to continue working with kids. Back home, I loved working in the preschool and then extending that by volunteering with other organizations that benefit kids in our community. I began researching places in Baltimore that work with both kids and families and came across the Hampden Family Center. According to their website, their mission "is to enrich the lives of Hampden residents through education and professional support, and to encourage individual growth and community fellowship." The center relies heavily on volunteers to keep their programs alive. Their programs vary from working on ongoing projects to shorter, one day commitments. Looking through the programs offered, I would really be happy working with any of the programs. I contacted them about volunteering, and am excited to hear back!

~ Marlee

No comments:

Post a Comment